Place Categories: Makers and textile makersPlace Tags: embroidery kits, made in scotland and paraffle
Discover Paraffle modern embroidery craft kits and accessories from Scotland.
Paraffle is an ethical, eco-friendly and socially responsible craft company focussed on modern embroidery designs, supplies and accessories.
Shop Paraffle Now
Paraffle was founded by Sammy Bishop in 2016 while she was studying for a PhD in Edinburgh. Looking for a creative outlet – and a way to give meaningful gifts that would suit her student budget – Sammy taught herself how to embroider in her spare time.
Scouting around to name her new venture, Sammy came across ‘paraffle’: an old Scots word meaning 1) ’embroidery’; and 2) ‘an ostentatious display’ – and the name stuck.
The Paraffle story
Sammy finished studying in early 2020 – just in time to respond to the ‘craft boom’ created by the lockdown of March that year. She moved Paraffle into a studio in Edinburgh, and brought her partner Ali on board to help her grow Paraffle even further. Sammy continues to be inspired by the natural world, flowing patterns, and bright colour combinations.
Whether you’re a complete beginner, experienced embroiderer, or looking for a gift for a crafty friend, we’ll have an embroidery kit for you!
What’s inside the kits?
All of our kits are designed to be a complete embroidery starter kit – they have everything you need to get started!
1. Sustainable Kauri wood embroidery hoop
2. Display material: Either organic fabric and felt, organic fabric and a wooden banner frame, an organic & ethically made cotton cushion or an organic and ethically made tote bag.
3. DMC Mouliné Spécial 25 thread
4. Size 7 Embroidery needle
5. Embroidery design on a water soluble adhesive stabiliser.
6. A high quality card with the finished design on the front, and stitch key on the reverse
7. Comprehensive instructions for each stage of the project
8. 8 page stitch guide giving practical instructions and tips on all the stitches you need
You might also like
flower embroidery ideas to enjoy
This listing contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our blog posts are independent and in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.