Discover Naomi Paul a Read more [...]
Seldom Found dog collars and leads
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN FOR HOUND AND HOME
Handcrafted slow-made goods, focusing on sustainable, high quality materials, using age-old artisan techniques with a modern approach to design.
Our Products are handmade to last in England from the finest eco vegetable tanned leather and finished with solid brass fittings sourced from an age-old foundry in England. Our ethos is on quality and slow living and design in mind.
SELDOM FOUND – BACKGROUND
After working for years in the textile industry, I refocused my path to my real passion. My love of working with my hands, creating something from start to finish. Looking at the finer details and using beautiful sustainable materials to create design that lasts Opposing the fast paced design of the industry as a whole.
I wanted Seldom Found to foster a personal approach to design and making, sourcing the most sustainable and eco materials. Every product is made with care, by one person from start to finish.
Buying from Seldom Found means you will be supporting a small company. We have an ethos of slow fashion and a ‘buy less but buy better’ attitude.
“OUR ETHICS ARE ON SUSTAINABILITY. WE FEEL A RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.”
– Seldom Found uses only Eco-leather that has been vegetable tanned. We use zero harmful Chrome toxins which is unfortunately still used in the majority of leather today. These toxins are harmful to human and animal health and the Earth.
– Vegetable tan leather is Recyclable as it does not use harmful toxins. Therefore it is natural and ecologic.
– 50% less water is used in the production of vegetable tanned leather compared to other leathers. This makes much less impact on wastage on the industry.
– Vegetable leather lasts longer, takes longer to produce and is a slow mindful process. It’s healthier to use, better quality, better for nature and ages beautifully.
– We use leather destined for wastage, we never use leather of animals produced for their skins. We only use leather destined for wastage as a by-product of consumption.
Our ethics are on Sustainability. We feel a responsibility for the world we live in.
Seldom Found do not use plastics in our products or packaging and everything we use is carefully thought out for the approach of our design.
We use eco-leather, brassware that lasts the course making it more eco-friendly for wastage and a simple design approach to last past seasonal trends.
larger leather offcuts are used to make leather pots and smaller pieces are donated to a school for use in creative art projects.
We are in the process of looking further into sustainability including A ‘make do and mend’ mindset, including a leather care kit to come with your purchase to look after your products to last them longer in great condition and a Repair service which looks at sending back your worn out or damaged collars to be repaired at a much smaller cost.
A PIN TO SAVE TO PINTEREST
If you’ve enjoyed discovering Seldom Found it would be great if you could pin this to Pinterest and share the love… X
Are you a maker, grower or creative course provider? Like to list with us and benefit from joining our supportive community? We’d love to hear from you. Check out the packages we offer on our Join Us page and get in touch…