Discover FelinFach. W Read more [...]
Pippa Greenwood grow your own vegetable and herbs
First, a little bit about me.
In 1988 I began working for the BBC, joining Alan Titchmarsh for the gardening slot on BBC 1’s Daytime Live.
For over 13 years, I was a regular presenter on BBC 2’s ‘Gardeners’ World’, presenting many items on garden pests and diseases, science and gardening, and creating and running my organic kitchen garden from my own Hampshire garden. I’m also a regular panelist on BBC Radio 4’s Gardeners’ Question Time. In 2000, 2001 and 2002 I presented my own series, ‘Growing Science’ on Radio 4. For several years I was the Presenter on BBC Radio Solent’s ‘Topsoil with Pippa Greenwood’, a three hour gardening and music show.
I have written many books including the bestsellers, ‘New Gardener’ (in excess of one and a quarter million copies sold) & Gardening Hints and Tips, Garden Pests and Diseases, Garden Problem Solver, Flower Gardener, Pippa’s Organic Kitchen Garden, A Garden for All Seasons, Pippa Greenwood’s Gardening Year, 1001 Ways to be a Better Gardener. I co-authored The Gardeners’ Question Time book. My latest publication is The Gardeners’ Calender (Summersdale 2012).
Grow your own with Pippa
Ever wanted to grow your own great tasting, super-fresh vegetables and herbs, but never quite managed it? The solution is simple: the unique ‘Grow Your Own with Pippa Greenwood’ system.
- Choose the vegetables you would like to grow from the range on offer (all tasty good-performing favourites of mine!)
- The plants, all specially grown for me in Lincolnshire, UK, will be sent out to you as really good-sized garden-ready plants and at a perfect time for planting (approx early to mid-May)
- Each week I’ll email you outlining all you need to do with your chosen crops – starting with soil preparation and pre-planting advice and guiding you right through from planting to the best ways to harvest for maximum yield and best quality. Advice includes feeding, watering, staking/supporting, pinching out, thinning and of course, pest, disease and problem warnings and advice… and maybe the occasional recipe!
- These unique emails are tailor-made to your chosen crops and as I grow the entire range myself too, I know what is really happening each week
- This all makes veg growing easy, fun and more productive and many customers sign up year after year as it is very good value too!
I would recommend anyone to have a go at growing their own vegetables. If you’ve never tried grow your own, then be brave and give it a go! It is much easier than you might think to grow your own vegetables, especially if you start with a bit of help from me. My ‘Grow Your Own with Pippa Greenwood’ concept was born out of my determination to help people to have fun growing their own vegetables and get the luscious, tasty crops they deserve.